MVA Health can assist you with your Health Insurance Marketplace options!
The Health Insurance Marketplace Open Enrollment Period is here! From now until December 15, 2021, those in need of health insurance coverage for 2022 can visit www.healthcare.gov to compare plans and purchase, renew or update their health coverage for the year ahead.
Here are some important dates to remember:
- November 1, 2021: Open Enrollment begins — first day to enroll, re-enroll, or change a 2022 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- December 15, 2021: Last day to enroll in or change plans for 2022 coverage that starts January 1, 2022.
- January 1, 2022: 2022 coverage starts, if you’ve enrolled by December 15, 2021 and paid your first premium.
- January 15, 2022: Last day to enroll in or change plans for 2022 coverage that starts February 1, 2022. After this date, you can enroll or change plans only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- February 1, 2022: 2022 coverage starts if you enrolled by January 15, 2022, and you’ve paid your first premium.
The Health Insurance Marketplace is for individuals and families who do not receive health insurance through an employer, Medicaid or Medicare. This is the only time during the year that you can enroll in private insurance for 2022 coverage on the Marketplace unless you qualify for Special Enrollment. The majority of West Virginians who enroll through the Marketplace receive income-based financial assistance to help them pay their premiums.
MVA Health Centers has an enrollment assister who can answer questions and help you navigate the Health Insurance Marketplace step-by-step. Our enrollment assister will ensure you understand your plan of choice and make the process of applying as seamless as possible. If you are already enrolled in a Marketplace plan, our assister can help you update your information to ensure you are receiving the correct amount of financial assistance. Our assister can you also help eligible individuals apply for Medicaid.
Remember, the only way to get insurance outside of the Open Enrollment Period is through a Special Enrollment Period. Special Enrollment Periods are available only to those who experience a life-changing event, such as loss of coverage, marriage, divorce, adoption or birth of a child, change in immigration status or a permanent move to a new service area. Detailed Special Enrollment Period criteria can be found here.
Insurance is a product you buy in case you need it down the road, so plan for the future by applying during this Open Enrollment period. Apply by December 15 for coverage beginning January 1, 2022.
For more information or for an appointment, please contact our enrollment assister:
(304) 366-0700 ext. 8735