Are you looking for a place where you and your family can find quality health services and a team of medical professionals in a trusted environment? Then look no further than MVA Health Centers. As a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), we use a team-centered healthcare delivery model that can provide comprehensive primary medical care.
The Medical Home model starts with the relationship between you and one of our highly qualified and experienced primary care providers, who will work with you to set personal health goals. Your primary care provider will also serve as a team leader, working to coordinate care among an entire MVA team that can offer preventive screenings, care when you’re sick, pharmacy services, lab and x-ray services, optical care, home health care, plus more. And, if you are someone who suffers from a chronic illness such as diabetes or heart disease, your MVA primary care provider can help manage the ongoing needs related to your illness, including referrals to specialists, when necessary.
Features of MVA’s Medical Home:
- Patient-centered: A personalized partnership with your MVA primary care provider ensures that your medical needs and preferences are respected and that you have the education and support you need to make decisions and participate in your care.
- Comprehensive: Our team of providers is equipped to offer care for the whole person, addressing patients’ preventive, urgent, chronic and behavioral health needs.
- Coordinated: Your care is organized and coordinated across all elements of the health care system, including specialty care, hospitals, home health care and community support services.
- Accessible: You are able to access services and personal health information with 24/7 electronic access to our secure Patient Portal. MVA even offers after-hours access to an on-call provider via our answering service when there is an emergency.
- Committed to quality and safety: MVA clinicians and staff are dedicated to quality improvement on an ongoing basis to ensure that you and your family are able to make informed decisions about your health care.
Recognized For Quality Care
When you choose MVA Health Centers, you are choosing a healthcare network recognized for the quality of its care. The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) nationally recognizes MVA as a Level III Patient-Centered Medical Home. This recognition is for MVA’s achievement in using evidence-based, patient-centered processes that focus on highly coordinated care and long-term participative relationships under the NCQA’s Physician Practice Connections-Patient-Centered Medical Home (PPC-PCMH) program. In addition, MVA is accredited by the Joint Commission and is one of only a few primary care networks recognized by Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of West Virginia as a provider of value-based care programs, based on the strength of its patient outcomes.
Come Home to Good Health at the Place Where Health and Care Connect
For more information on how you can benefit by making MVA Health Centers your medical home, call or visit our Fairmont or Shinnston office today. Patients are always welcome by appointment and on a walk-in basis Monday through Friday during regular business hours. It would be an honor to serve you.